Green Manures - Benefits of use.
Green manures - Benefits of use: Features to be met. Its use as ground cover for direct seeding. Which green manure plant in Autumn and Winter. Which green manure plant in Spring and Summer.
Green manures are planted with the aim of covering the soil during growth or through their stubbles after handle plants.
In the system of direct sowing green manures are synonymous with ground cover plants, because it always should be left on the extent of soil. Incorporate the stubble left means that surface will gradually-down integrated, mainly by the action of microorganisms performing decomposition and not by the mechanical action of an implement such as plow.
The characteristics required green manures are:
1. The seeds should be inexpensive.
2. Be easy to plant and manage.
3. Promoting good weed control and shading.
4. Be undemanding in soil fertility and moisture for emergence and development.
5. Have a good ability to recycle nutrients (preferably also fix nitrogen).
6. Produce a positive residual effect on cash crops chasing him in the rotation.
7. should not be host of diseases and pests.
Green manures used as ground cover for direct seeding bring the following benefits:
1. It protects the soil against erosion.
2. Increases infiltration and water retention in the soil.
3. reduces water evaporation.
4. Reduce the soil temperature values preventing it from reaching harmful to living things (micro organisms, roots, etc.).
5. Avoid ment crusting of the soil surface.
6. Avoid or reduce weed growth and prevent them produce seeds.
7. Provides stubbles that contribute to accumulate organic matter in the soil.
8. Provides recycles nutrients and stores are placed at the disposal of cash crops.
9. Promotes biological soil preparation.
10. Decreases pest infestation and disease.
Some green manure care:
Periodic monitoring for diseases.
Grain yield 800 to 1,000 kg / ha.
Keep the plot weed free seedbed mainly wild turnip.
Fertilization with N, P and K.
Uniform ripening by planting late June to July.
Grain yield of 300 to 800 kg / ha.
Its germinating power, allows al-macear seeds up to 2 years
Sow in April for a sewn-cha from September to October.
At the time of harvest, the seeds are not hit. So it evi-TARA reduce their vigor and germination.
Variable grain yield between 1300-2200 kg / ha.
No harvesting plots that suffered anthracnose
Sow from January to February.
Seed production is very unstable and dependent on the climate and the proximity of mountains that determine the population of pollinators (high-des insects) as mamangás (Xylocopa sp. O Bombus sp.).
Yield grains variable between 200 to 800 kg / ha.
Successor is recommended to plant corn crop.
Sow between the months of January and February.
• Grain production is 750 to 1200 kg / ha.
Dolichos lab lab
Sow from December to January.
It produces and / 1,000 to 1,500 kg / ha grains.
Sow from January to March.
Grain production is between 500 to 1000 kg / ha.